Free DNA Relative Finder
Use your DNA to locate and connect with relatives throughout the world.
Compatibility: All DNA tests including genome sequencing data
- powered by Sequencing.com's Universal (Cross-Site) Compatibility
- identify relative matches across all DNA testing sites including Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, Living DNA, FamilyTreeDNA, Dante Labs, Nebula Genomics, and many more.
- identify relative matches across all genetic genealogy databases including GEDmatch.
Privacy: You're in full control
- Use of this app, as with all of our DNA analysis apps and reports, is protected by our Privacy First policy.
- By default, Relative Matching is disabled for all Sequencing.com accounts.
- This means that unless you specifically enable Relative Matching, none of the DNA data files stored in your Sequencing.com account are included in Relative Matching.
- You can leave Relative Matching disabled or you can enable Relative Matching for one or more files.
- Once enabled, you can easily disable Relative Matching for any file at any time.
- Learn more about our Privacy, Confidentiality, and Ownership policies
Our unique family finder, which is also referred to as a relative finder, will provide multi-platform access to greatly increase the chances of locating a relative. This app will offer greater security than GEDmatch while also working with DNA data and genome sequencing data from all genetic tests.
Learn More About Genetic Genealogy
The Sequencing Education Center provides guides and straight forward articles about the amazing world of genomics. For example, you can learn about genetic genealogy, explore an insightful guide to dna tests, and learn about the importance of whole genome sequencing.
Relative Finder allows you to use your DNA to locate and connect with people who are related to you.
Once your DNA data is stored in your Sequencing.com account, purchase this DNA report, and then click the app's 'Start' button. You'll receive your report in about 30 minutes.
If your DNA data is not already stored in your account, you can either import your data from a DNA test you've already taken (such as from 23andMe or AncestryDNA) or you can order one of our DNA tests.
You've already taken a DNA test
You need a DNA test
|Our Universal DNA Compatibility enables this app to work with DNA data from almost any genetic test including 23andMe, Ancestry, MyHeritage, FTDNA, and genome sequencing.||Our clinical-grade 30x Whole Genome Sequencing test obtains data on 100% of your genome.|
Free DNA Data Upload
Compatible with data from almost all DNA tests and genome sequencing services.
|Test Compatibility||Format Compatibility||Variant Compatibility||Reference Genome Compatibility|
|Whole Genome Sequencing||FASTQ and FQ||SNP / SNV
(Single Nucleotide Variants)
|hg38 / GRCh38|
|Exome Sequencing||FASTA and FA||hg19 / GRCh37|
|Ultimate DNA Test||BAM||hg18 / GRCh36|
|23andMe||SAM||hg17 / GRCh35|
|Dante Labs||Genome VCF (gVCF and GVCF)|
|Genes for Good||CSV|
|HomeDNA||gz and zip compressed files|
|FTDNA||almost all other genetic data formats|
|New Amsterdam Genomics|
|almost all other genetic tests|
The genetic analysis and statements that appear in this app, assessment, and report have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. The Sequencing.com website and all software applications (Apps) that use Sequencing.com's website, as well as Sequencing.com's open Application Programming Interface (API), are not intended to diagnose, monitor, treat, cure, prevent nor alleviate any disease.