tellmeGen DNA Tests
tellmeGen is a DNA testing company located in Spain. They offer DNA tests using DNA genotyping (microarray) technology. This is similar technology to 23andMe, AncestryDNA, and our $69 Ultimate DNA Test.
tellmeGen allows its users to download the raw DNA data file so that it can be used at third-party sites, such as the DNA analysis apps and reports available in our DNA App Store.
Warning about tellmeGen DNA data
You may not want to use the raw DNA data files provided by tellmeGen.
Our bioinformatics team has detected quality issues with some of the raw DNA data files from tellmeGen. While we don’t know if this is related to the actual DNA test performed by tellmeGen, we have identified issues within the raw DNA data files that they allow their customers to download.
The main issues is that some of the data in tellmeGen’s raw DNA data file is on the ‘reverse strand’ of DNA. It is an industry-standard, however, to always provide 100% of data only on the ‘forward strand’ of DNA.
Unfortunately, TellmeGen appears to provide a mix of data, with some data on the forward strand and some data on the reverse strand. This makes it very difficult to use the tellmeGen raw data to perform accurate analysis. Our bioinformatics team has found that due to this data issue, tellmeGen data frequently provides false positives with DNA analysis apps and reports.
How To Upload tellmeGen DNA Data
If you still want to use tellmeGen data, tellmeGen data can uploaded and used with the apps in Sequencing’s DNA App Store.
- Sign into your tellmeGen account.
- From the user menu, goto ‘listing kits’ and then select ‘Actions’. You should see the option to download the raw DNA data.
- If your tellmeGen account contains genetic data for two or more people, download the raw data for each profile.
- Your tellmeGen raw DNA data will be downloaded as a zip file. You do not have to unzip the file and instead can upload the zip file into your Sequencing account.
- Go to the Upload Center at Sequencing.com.
- Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the tellmeGen file that you recently downloaded to your computer.
- Click Upload.
- Your tellmeGen DNA file will be securely uploaded into your Sequencing account.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your file appears in your account.
Congratulations! You can now use your tellmeGen data with apps in our DNA App Store.
tellmeGen is a registered trademark of GENELINK, S.L. The use of the name and logo are for compatibility information only and does not imply approval or endorsement of Sequencing.com by GENELINK, S.L.